How To Extend Your Vaporizer’s Lifespan
Vaporizers have become so popular in the past few years that it’s hard to remember that just 20 years ago they didn’t exist. One of the big reasons for their popularity is their dependability. That dependability, however, is itself dependent on how well you treat your vaporizer. If you don’t take care of it, it’s going to have a short life and meet an inglorious end. On the other hand, if you take good care of your vaporizer you’ll be able to extend its lifespan pretty dramatically. In this guide, the team at the Smoking Buddha vape shop provides five tricks that will help you extend the lifespan of your vaporizer.
Five Tricks to Help You Extend the Lifespan of Your Vaporizer
Without further ado let’s dive right into it.
#1: Get to know your vaporizer
Before you can perform maintenance on your vape you need to know the different components and what they do. Here’s a brief primer on those components:
- The battery: The battery powers your vape device
- The tank: The tank holds the e-liquid or concentrate
- The atomizer: The atomizer heats the concentrate or e-liquid to produce vapor
- The mouthpiece: Place mouth here and inhale
- The heating element: Provides the heat so the atomizer can do its job
- The wick: Absorbs the e-juice and delivers it to the heating element
#2: Clean it regularly
If you want your vaporizer to last the most important thing is to clean it on a regular basis. This is easier than it may seem. Just follow these instructions:
- Disassemble the vaporizer by removing the mouthpiece, coil, tank, and battery.
- Rinse the tank with warm water, using a soft bristle brush to remove residue.
- Dry the tank thoroughly with paper towels or let it air dry.
- Wipe down the exterior of the coil with a paper towel. Also, check for coil damage.
- If necessary replace the damaged coil
- Clean the mouthpiece using a clean cloth dipped in isopropyl alcohol. Rinse and let dry.
- Reassemble the vape making sure everything is properly refitted.
#3: Take care of the battery
No battery, no power, no vapor. So it’s important that you take proper care of the battery. Here’s are a few tips to follow:
- Only use the charger and cable that came with the device. If you’ve lost it, stop by our vape shop in Parker and we’ll hook you up with a proper replacement.
- Don’t completely drain the battery or overcharge it by leaving it plugged in for hours.
- Don’t ever expose your battery to extreme heat or direct sunlight for a prolonged period.
- Always store spare batteries in a protective case in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Never carry spare batteries loose in your pockets, purse, or backpack.
Review our guide to vaporizer batteries and battery care for additional recommendations.
#4: Only use quality e-liquids and accessories
If your car calls for premium gas you don’t fill it with regular unless you enjoy ruining a perfectly good piece of machinery. Same with vaporizers. If you want your vape to last make sure only use high-quality e-liquids and concentrates. If you’re mulling over purchasing a brand you’ve never used before read the reviews first or ask a staff member at the smoke shop. Also, try to avoid products that contain harmful chemicals.
#5. Always store your vaporizer properly
If you want your vaporizer to live out its full, intended lifespan then make sure you store it properly. Vaporizers should always be stored in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight. And be sure to store it in the upright position. This will help prevent damage to the heating element. Do not expose the device to water or excessive moisture as that will undermine the electrical components. Finally, if components are showing signs of wear and tear, replace them promptly.
Stop by the Smoking Buddha Smoke Shop
A vaporizer will give you months and years of loyal service as long as you take care of it. So take the above tips to heart in order to extend the life of your vape. Stop by the Smoking Buddha vape shop and peruse our vast selection of vape supplies, heady glass and accessories. We’re the vape shop more people in Parker trust to have the latest products at affordable prices.