Is MTL Vaping or STL Vaping Right for You?
If you have only recently started vaping or you are planning to start in the near future, you may be finding it hard to decide what type of device to use. There is a huge variety of vape pens, pod kits and vaporizer mods for sale in the USA today, many of which you can find at our local shop in Parker. Whilst it’s nice to have such a wide selection from which to choose, it can cause some confusion for new vapers. To make your task a little easier, we’re going to help you decide which of the two main types of vape device is most suitable for you: Mouth-To-Lung (MTL) or Direct-To-Lung (DTL) devices. Once you’ve done this, you will be able to focus on the mods and vaporizers that are most likely to meet your specific needs.
What Do MTL and DTL Mean?
Before we talk about how to decide which device type is the best choice for you, we’ll start with a brief explanation of these terms so that you know exactly what we’re talking about.
- MTL – A device with a delivery system that involves first drawing vapor into your mouth, then inhaling it into your lungs, is known as a Mouth-To-Lung or MTL device.
- DTL – A device with a delivery system that allows you to draw vapor straight down into your lungs is known as a Direct-To-Lung or DTL device. It may also be called a Straight-To-Lung or STL device by some people.
If you buy a small vape pen, it will almost certainly be an MTL device. If you invest in a more sophisticated piece of kit like a powerful mod, you can buy either an MTL or DTL tank to use with it: the choice will be yours.
If you are still finding it difficult to visualize the difference between these two delivery systems, MTL vaping will feel very much like smoking a cigarette, at least from a mechanical point of view. You first draw vapor into your mouth then you can either inhale or expel it, depending on your preference. When using a DTL device, you draw on the tip while simultaneously inhaling, so the vapor goes straight to your lungs.
Choosing the Right Type of Vaporizers and Mods: MTL vs. DTL
Now you know the difference between the two main types of device or vaporizer, it’s time to decide which one is right for your needs. All of the following factors may influence your final choice, which is why you need to consider each one carefully:
- Your Daily Vaping Environment – The locations where you will be doing the majority of your vaping could play a big part in deciding whether MTL or DTL is the best choice for you. Generally speaking, DTL devices feature tanks that have been designed for use with sub-ohm coils: coils with an internal resistance of less than one Ohm. They produce large clouds of vapor that may attract unwanted attention in certain environments. If, for example, you wish to use a vape device at work, you may want to focus on MTL devices at first.
- Whether You Previously Smoked Cigarettes – Ex-smokers are very familiar with the Mouth-To-Lung experience, which is probably why so many of them find MTL devices the easiest to use. If you have recently quit a smoking habit and you are hoping that vaping will replace it, it’s definitely a good idea to start with MTL vaporizers and all-in-one devices. Apart from the user-friendly delivery mechanism, an MTL device is also more suitable for use with high-strength, nicotine salt ejuice, which many ex-smokers find more satisfying. If you like the idea of being able to produce massive vapor clouds then you can, of course, try DTL devices but an MTL delivery mechanism is likely to feel more natural.
- What You Want From Vaping – For some people, vaping is simply a healthier nicotine delivery method than tobacco smoking. If you are one of these people, the most important feature of any device you consider buying will be its ability to deliver nicotine in the desired quantities. If this is the case, devices with MTL vaporizers are almost certainly going to be the best choice. On the other hand, if vaping is primarily a recreational pursuit, the levels of nicotine that your device delivers will be less important. What will matter most to you is how pleasurable it is to use and how much scope it gives you to try different vaping experiences. In this instance, a DTL device is more likely to meet your needs.
- Your Desire to Experiment – If you’re keen to try as many different vaping methods and products as possible, you should invest in mods that are designed to be used with either type of tank or vaporizer. Search for ‘vape shop near me’, make a note of your nearest stores and visit them to see what mods they have to offer. With a powerful mod, you will be able to use both MTL and DTL tanks/vaporizers, which means you don’t have to choose between one or the other.
If you would like any more help or advice on choosing the right vape mods and tanks, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us by phone or email. We’re always happy to help if we can.